Skip to main content

What forms do i file for my spouse

Cincinnati, OH |

i am a us citizen and would like to know what forms i should file for my spouse. he is here in the united states. also do i have to file forms i130 and i485 together? thanks

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It depends on how your spouse entered; with or without a visa. The I-130 is an absolute but then the path can change depending on the manner of entry.

  2. I agree with Mr Eichorn. The Key question is if he entered with a visa or without. Where is he from?
    For more info on the process , see link below
    I highly suggest consulting a lawyer to help you if you are unsure of what forms to file and whether or not to file the I-130 and I-485 together.

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

  3. I agree with my colleagues. The key issue is how your spouse entered the United States. Also very important is his entire immigration history, as well as any criminal history he might have. It's important to consult with an immigration attorney for the best chance of success, and to avoid potential problems.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. However, if he entered the United States with inspection, in addition to filing the I-130 and the I 485 you may also want to file the I 765 for the EAD at the same time. There would be no additional charge for that.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics