What forms and paperwork are required for a B2 visitor who marries a US Citizen to apply for adjustment of status?

Asked about 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

We want to make sure we file the papers correctly.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Talk to an immigration attorney.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Janeita Lynn Lentz

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You will need an I-485 Adjustment of Status form, but there are other forms that you will need to submit depending on your case. Please consult an immigration attorney in your area. One small mistake trying to go through this process without an attorney could cost you many thousands of dollars, and many years, trying to correct the problem later.

    Answering questions on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. In order to create an attorney-client... more
  3. John Grayson Davidson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A complete overview will be on the USCIS web site.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,598 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,598 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering