What form should i file to get my unconditional green card? how much is the fees?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

My conditional green card is gonna expire in June 2013 . I got my green card through marriage . when is the good time for me to apply unconditional card ? what forms do i have to file ? how much is expected time for approval ? do i have to file biometric form . ( G 325A )

1. Gen Kimura

10

Answered . You have to use Form I-751. The filing fee is $590. Please read the form instruction. (http://www.uscis.gov/i-751)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

11

1

Answered . My colleague said it all. I can only add that this information can be found on the government website.

3. Dean P Murray

10

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I would only add that you strongly consider using a lawyer if you can afford one. Good luck.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. Elizabeth Diane Alvarez

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague Mr. Murray - applying to remove the conditions on your green card can have serious implications - if your application is denied you will most likely be placed in removal proceedings. I seriously urge you to consider seeking out an attorney in the DFW area experienced and qualified to handle this immigration issue.

5. John Ting

5

1

Answered . If you are filing jointly with your spouse, you may be eligible to file to remove those conditions from your Legal Permanent Resident status starting 90 days before the the expiration of the 2 year anniversary of the date USCIS approved your initial Adjustment application. As my colleagues stated, it may be appropriate to hire an immigration attorney to advise you with the proper supporting documents. Insufficient documents and improper timing of filing may have grave consequences to your ability to maintain Legal Permanent Resident status and, thereafter, naturalization.

Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship.