Skip to main content

What form should i file to get my unconditional green card? how much is the fees?

Dallas, TX |

My conditional green card is gonna expire in June 2013 . I got my green card through marriage . when is the good time for me to apply unconditional card ? what forms do i have to file ? how much is expected time for approval ? do i have to file biometric form . ( G 325A )

Attorney Answers 5

  1. You have to use Form I-751. The filing fee is $590. Please read the form instruction. (

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

  2. My colleague said it all. I can only add that this information can be found on the government website.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. I would only add that you strongly consider using a lawyer if you can afford one. Good luck.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

  4. I agree with my colleague Mr. Murray - applying to remove the conditions on your green card can have serious implications - if your application is denied you will most likely be placed in removal proceedings. I seriously urge you to consider seeking out an attorney in the DFW area experienced and qualified to handle this immigration issue.

    Please remember this is not official legal advice, and this is no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. For a free 15 minute phone consultation please call 972-638-7207.

  5. If you are filing jointly with your spouse, you may be eligible to file to remove those conditions from your Legal Permanent Resident status starting 90 days before the the expiration of the 2 year anniversary of the date USCIS approved your initial Adjustment application. As my colleagues stated, it may be appropriate to hire an immigration attorney to advise you with the proper supporting documents. Insufficient documents and improper timing of filing may have grave consequences to your ability to maintain Legal Permanent Resident status and, thereafter, naturalization.

    Answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics