What form is needed for termination of child support due to age of maturity?

I live in Florida I have two children, both court ordered child support NYC, my youngest is 19, my oldest will be 22 on the 31st of October...I am still paying the same amount of child support.. since mid Aug I have been unemployed and my child support is falling behind. Can they prorate the overage of child support that i have been paying for my oldest child...

Bronx, NY -

David Ivan Bliven

David Ivan Bliven

Child Support Lawyer - Bronx, NY

You would use the form for a petition for modification of support: http://www.nycourts.gov/forms/familycourt/child.... For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Support attorney.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Child Support Lawyer - Brooklyn, NY

New York does not use forms. You just file a petition using a template available online and serve it on the adversary. A support magistrate should terminate support and adjust payments in favor of the younger child. Realize that the adversary can and will file an upward modification leaving your payments the same.

Sean Patrick Lewis

Sean Patrick Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Fresno, CA

What does the child support order say as to how long you need to pay?

Related Advice