What form is needed for termination of child support due to age of maturity?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I live in Florida I have two children, both court ordered child support NYC, my youngest is 19, my oldest will be 22 on the 31st of October...I am still paying the same amount of child support.. since mid Aug I have been unemployed and my child support is falling behind. Can they prorate the overage of child support that i have been paying for my oldest child...

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Ivan Bliven


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You would use the form for a petition for modification of support: http://www.nycourts.gov/forms/familycourt/child.... For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a Bronx Child Support attorney.

    * If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Peter Christopher Lomtevas


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . New York does not use forms. You just file a petition using a template available online and serve it on the adversary. A support magistrate should terminate support and adjust payments in favor of the younger child. Realize that the adversary can and will file an upward modification leaving your payments the same.

    Good luck.

  3. Sean Patrick Lewis

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . What does the child support order say as to how long you need to pay?

    The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney... more

Related Topics

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,013 answers this week

3,657 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,013 answers this week

3,657 attorneys answering