What form do I use to file a motion to set aside a final judgment in a Florida divorce case?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rockledge, FL

Ex-wife lied about assets on financial affidavit that was submitted before final judgment back in 11/2011. Rule 12.540 allows me the right to set aside judgment based on a fraudulent financial affidavit. I am seeking to ask court to set aside judgment but would need to file this motion with the proper form. It is not a default judgment.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jennefer Ann Pucylowski

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I concur with the other answers that you would benefit from seeking the advice of counsel on this matter. For many family law matters that can be handled pro se, there is a pro se family coordinator at the courthouse that can assist you with forms, but cannot provide legal advice. I believe your issues is more complicated than they may be able to assist you with, but you should be aware of their existence for other matters.

    For further information on the Pro Se Coordinator see below from the Brevard County Clerk's website:
    The Family Pro Se Coordinator does not give legal advice, tell a person what the law is, represent them in court, tell them how to testify in court, or tell what their rights are. Pro se parties can call the self help office (321-633-7780) to get information on what forms need to be completed, the next step in their case, to set an appointment to have the forms reviewed only to see if they are complete, to notarize the documents. There is no charge for this service.

  2. Richard James Mockler III

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A motion for relief from judgment due to alleged fraud needs to allege the precise basis for your allegation of fraud. This type of motion does not lend itself to a form. I am sure that you can find a motion online and model your motion after it. But, when you have to prove that another party committed fraud, you may want to have a lawyer involved. The Court will need to explore the falsity of the state, her intent in making the statement, the materiality of the misstatement, your actual reliance on the misrepresentation, and how the misstatement affected the court's ruling.

    This is best done with the assistance of counsel.

    Richard J. Mockler
  3. Tampa Divorce... more
  4. Tampa Divorce Attorney
  5. Florida Super Lawyers Profile - Tampa Divorce Attorney
  6. Become a Fan on Facebook
  7. Follow me on Twitter
  8. Family Law Rights Blog
  9. Tampa Military Divorce Blog
  10. Tampa Divorce Lawyer Blog
  11. ***If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such and remember to select a “best answer.” ***This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. I encourage everyone to consult an independent attorney regarding any legal matters. less
  12. Kristopher Robert Reilly

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Please do not attempt this without the assistance of an attorney. It is not a simple process to set aside a final judgment. I recommend at least having an attorney draft the motion and you can proceed Pro Se from that point forward. The few hundred dollars that it may cost to have an attorney draft the motion may be we'll worth the outcome. If you would like a free 20 minute telephone consultation please call my firm. I am located in Jacksonville but handle cases all over most of the state.Best of Luck.

    FOR A FREE 20 MINUTE INITIAL TELEPHONE CONSULTATION CALL 904-473-7642 or you may call my secretary at 904-304-... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,457 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,457 answers this week

3,357 attorneys answering