What form do I need to give up my complete and full parental custody and rights to grandparents

Asked over 3 years ago - Seattle, WA

i AM A SINGLE MALE, UNMARRIED WITH A SON. i WANT TO COMPLETELY AND FULLY GIVE UP MY PARENTAL RIGHT TO MY PARENTS. THE MOTHER HAS CUSTODY CURRENTLY, wHAT FORM DO i NEED. i WANT TO MAKE SURE HE IS PROVIDEED FOR IN HIS FUTURE. tHE MOTHER IS ON STATE ASSISTANCE AND DOES NOT WORK. iN ADDITON SHE HAS A CONVICTED FELON LIVING IN HER HOME WITH MY SON. i

1. Jennifer Michelle Anderson

Answered . Your parents can file a petition for nonparental custody. Those forms can be found at www.courts.wa.gov. It's going to be an uphill battle, however, if the child is living with his mother and there are no issues that have caused CPS involvement.

To my knowledge, there is no form that you can fill out that would essentially make your parents the "other parent" in your place, if that's what you're asking.

Please note that this answer is the best I can do with the limited info I have; you may want to consult an attorney further about your specific situation.