What form do I need to fill out to file a motion to dismiss a change in child custody arrangement in New Jersey?

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Brunswick, NJ

The Ex filed a motion to change custudy arrangements. What form do I need to fill our in order to file a motion to dismiss Ex's request?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Bari Zell Weinberger


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is no specific form. You need to file a motion to oppose your ex's motion. You need to rebut his arguments and show the court that what he wants is not in your child's best interest. You should consult with an attorney. Feel free to visit our website.... Www.wlg.com

    The information provided is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. This information is designed for general... more
  2. Jordan A Stern

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should meet with an attorney. If you're going to represent yourself, at minimum, you should file a certification asserting your facts and, if you can, submit a letter with an explanation (legal argument) of your defense.

    The information posted by the Law Office of Jordan A. Stern on Avvo is not legal advice. Consult an attorney for... more
  3. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You need to file an answer denying his request. You may file a cross motion as well.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,810 answers this week

2,950 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,810 answers this week

2,950 attorneys answering