What form do I need to file to become a us citizen under my mom?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

my family, we live in California for 20 plus years and she became a us citizen in 2001. at that time I was 13 years of age... what form do I need to file out to become a citizen under my mom... now I am 25 years of age and I want to become a us citizen but my sister in law told me that since my mom become a us citizen when I am a minor that would make me a citizen... so I just want to know that form I would need to file for a citizenship under my mom even after 10 plus years...

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

22

Answered . You can file form N-600 or simply apply for a US passport.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

13

1

Answered . Attorney Ye is right on the money..

3. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

13

Answered . There are no forms, derivative citizenship is a matter of law. You can derive US citizenship if your mom is a US citizen, you were under 18 years old, you were a green card holder, and you reside in the U.S.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.