What exactly should i expect from the ASP program for a second dui?

Asked 10 months ago - Bethlehem, PA

I had my first dui in NJ and recently had a second dui in Northampton County PA. They offer an asp program where i am doing as they ask but as of now i only have a trial date and heard i should have another date before that, and also i am not sure what to expect. I have read 90 days mandatory but was wondering if that means 90 days in county prison or other alternatives?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Craig McKenzie III

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The ASP program allows you to do your 90 day sentence via the work release program which equates to you going to work and sleeping at the correctional facility. Alternative sentencing MAY be available, i.e. house arrest, inpatient treatment, etc., but you will need to consult with an experienced DUI defense attorney that can discuss with you your specific options.

    This response contains general information about legal matters. The information is not advice, and should not be... more
  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with my PA colleague. Get an attorney!

  3. Buta Biberaj

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Hire a lawyer to help you with this - because you have a prior out of state DUI (NJ) the attorney can help you to determine if the NJ DUI is substantially similar to the PA DUI. This is an element that has to be proven for the NJ DUI to act as a prior - in essence you should not be convicted for a 2nd DUI unless they do this. This is a technical argument that is best left to a good DUI lawyer. Traditionally mandatory minimum sentences have to be served in jail. Some localities have different rules.

    DISCLAIMER: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,728 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,728 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering