What exactly does a BOLO alert entail

Asked over 2 years ago - Cape Coral, FL

I have a friend who went missing as of 10 am yesterday morning the police say they have issued a Bolo alert and that supposedly he has been listed as a missing person but I cannot find him listed anywhere

1. Anthony Rubino

5

Answered . It just means, "Be On the Lookout."

The police would give the department a description of your friend and have the officers keeping their eyes open for anyone matching his description.

I hope you find him. Good luck.

2. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . Be On the Look Out.

3. Robert C. LeBrasseur

3

Answered . Well it typically means be on the look out for XXXX. Usually this means if you find them please hold and let me know so I can question them.

4. Benjamin J Lieberman

3

Answered . BOLO is an acronym for Be On Look Out for... Law enforcement use it when they are looking for someone and want to let the law enforcement community know about it.