What exactly does a BOLO alert entail

Cape Coral, FL |

I have a friend who went missing as of 10 am yesterday morning the police say they have issued a Bolo alert and that supposedly he has been listed as a missing person but I cannot find him listed anywhere

1. It just means, "Be On the Lookout."

The police would give the department a description of your friend and have the officers keeping their eyes open for anyone matching his description.

I hope you find him. Good luck.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. Well it typically means be on the look out for XXXX. Usually this means if you find them please hold and let me know so I can question them.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

3. BOLO is an acronym for Be On Look Out for... Law enforcement use it when they are looking for someone and want to let the law enforcement community know about it.

4. Be On the Look Out.

http://www.defendme.net | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.