What exactly does "true-bill indictment" mean?

Hilton Head, SC |

My brother-in-law was arrested in May, 2012, for sex/indecent exposure. Allegedly, he committed several acts of public masturbation, and from what I have been told (from people who have access to records), there are several witnesses willing to testify against him. He spent the night in jail and was released on $15k bond. While he was in jail, the judge issued a search warrant, and cops seized the front seat of his truck and some other items from his house. Around this time, my sister found out she was pregnant, and she is due in December.

A true-bill indictment was issued on June 28, 2012.
A preliminary hearing was scheduled for July 6, 2012, but was cancelled. Its disposition says “Preliminary Hearing Indicted”.
What does all of this mean? Is he being charged with felony or misdemean

Indecent exposure is a misdemeanor, but the distinction between felony or misdemeanor doesn't mean anything as a practical matter. Every case in General Sessions Court must be indicted before it can proceed to trial. "True Billed" just means indicted - it was presented to a grand jury and they allowed the case to go forward. Once a case has been indicted there is no longer a statutory right to a preliminary hearing in the case.