What exactly does : " Notice of Intent to Dismiss" mean?

Phoenix, AZ |

I was searching through the internet and found that there is a civil case that had been filed 3 months ago, Two line items - 1) Complaint and 2) Cerificate Arbitration - Subject To and now a 3rd line that has ME: Notice of Intent to Dismiss.
It looks to be a Collection Agency that I have never received anything on. I do pull my credit report about once a year...they were not there a year ago and now they are. I have not received any paperwork from them nor anything from the court. Do I need to do anything. The Notice of Intent to Dismiss has a date of tomorrow. I also looked at the court calendar for the judge listed and do not find this case on their calendar.

In Arizona, a party filing a complaint has 120 days to serve it. It sounds like you have not been served with the complaint. ME stands for Minute Entry. The Notice therefore is probably a Notice from the Court that the case will be dismissed if it is not timely served. If that is all that is there, you do not need to do anything. Does the Collection Agency that is suing you know where to serve you? If they don't have a current address, they may resort to service by publication in a newspaper. You might want to check the docket periodically over the next 30 days to see if they try some alternative form of service, such as by publication, or whether the complaint gets dismissed. If they do serve you with the complaint, you will want to retain an attorney to defend you.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes