Skip to main content

What exactly do you need to fix someones papers? Who entered with a Visa??

Austin, TX |

I want to fix my husbands papers but I was wondering what exactly we need?? Details please

Attorney Answers 6

  1. well, we kind of need details about him in order to give you a satisfactory answer. if you are a US citizen, he entered legally with a visa and there are no criminal problems - sounds like you can file for him and he can adjust his status at the same time. I think you will greatly benefit from a consultation with an attorney.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. By "fixing his papers", I assume you mean help him get into lawful status. This will depend on his circumstances (what kind of visa, your immigraiton status, his immigration history, whether he has ever been arrested for any criminal matter, etc). Feel free to give me a call for a free consultation 1-216-338-2120.

    You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

  3. He probably needs an adjustment of status. The correct answer will depend on many factors such what visa he used to enter; if he has criminal convictions; if you guys are legally married; if you make enough money to sponsor him or you need a joint sponsor. Consult with an immigration attorney!

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

  4. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney in TX and start from there.

  5. Assuming that you are a U.S. citizen and he does not have any other grounds of inadmissibility that might apply, you will go through the Adjustment of Status process. You should have his situation reviewed so that there are no surprises when you go to the interview.

    This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

  6. We need more information.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics