What exactly do they look for in the immigration medical exam?

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

What exactly do they look for in the medical exam? I know it tests for TB and AIDS but thats about all I know. Do they also test for drug use or is it just medical conditions? Do they need past medical records?

1. You are on the right track: all USCIS tests and is concerned with in the medical exam are AIDS (HIV) and Tuberculosis (TB). Nothing else. No tests for drug use.

If you do not want to receive vaccinations that you received at school as a child all over again, then it is in your best interest to bring documentary proof of past vaccines received, but it's not a requirement.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Look at form I-693

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. USCIS Form I-693 contains the information you seek. Find it on the USCIS website.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.