What exactly can I expect from a violation of ABC 65-C?

New York, NY |

I received a pink summons for violating ABC 65-C, (the description of Criminal Court Offense states "Under 21, Intent to Consume") I understand that many variations of this question have been asked here, but this is my first offense, and I would like to understand a few points,
1) If I plead guilty, what if any record would there be of this (criminal, arrest record)
2) To get an ACD, do I have to first plead not guilty when asked, and then ask for the ACD?
3) On another question, one answerer pointed out the 346 Broadway 'likes to give fines' or something along those lines, but my court date is at 120 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, is there anything I should know about going to court there?

I was 19 at the time of the violation, 20 now.

1) You won’t get a criminal record;
2) Legally yes but as a practical matter if the judge will give it to you, s/he will just do so without the formality of first entering a not guilty plea;
3) You are more likely to get an ACD at 120 Schermerhorn than you would at 346 Broadway.

Clear and concise, thank you.

It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

Matisyahu Wolfberg
NY Criminal defense Attorney

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] I am licensed to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue