Skip to main content

What evidence do I need to relocate with my child?

Tucson, AZ |

We technically have joint legal custody but I have final decision making and primary physical. He is granted 3 weekends a month but doesn't exercise his parenting time (example, last year he only saw our son a total of 35 days). My husband got a new job in another state. The new city has a hospital with a doctor that specializes in my son's medical condition, which my current city does not. They also have better schools and we will live with my step children so he has siblings. I will give my ex the 60 days notice by certified mail, but if he does object what do I need to show to the court to prove it is best interest? Do I need to have a better job than I do here even though my husband will be primary income? Does it help that I will have more family there?

Attorney Answers 2


It sounds like you are the same person that posted another question about relocation. You should review the statutes that apply to your case: ARS 25-403 and ARS 25-408. If you have additional questions, there are many excellent family law attorneys in Tucson who could meet with you and answer your questions.

The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You have posted this question elsewhere. Please limit your inquiry to one question. Thank you!

This post should not be construed as formal legal advice or the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.<br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Joan M. Bundy, Attorney at Law, Chandler, Arizona</a>&nbsp;|&nbsp;

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics