What evidence can be use in a trial to discredit what the other party said

Asked over 1 year ago - Binghamton, NY

I was charged with felony assault in the 2nd degree. I accidentally injured the other person while trying to defend myself. the other person had a knife and I threw an object in their general direction to get them to move so that I could escape and it might have hit them. The other person is saying that there was no knife, but they are lying about that. we were the only 2 people there,so who does one believe

Is it possible during the trial to bring up evidence that she is a liar about so many other things to show her character

How do I know who is the right counsel to choose fo this?

1. John M. Cromwell

Pro

4

Answered . It sounds like it is your word against the other person's, but this question is very fact specific so hire a good lawyer with experience defending these kinds of cases.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . It's a classic he said/he said so it will come down to credibility. If you have an attorney, take a meeting to go over these issues. If you don't, get one soon!

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

4

Answered . The trier of fact believes the one it decides is the most credible.

4. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . This is the very type of case when your trial counsel will make all the difference int he world. Choose wisely.

5. John J. Carney

Pro

Answered . I handle these cases statewide, feel free to look at my Avvo profile and reviews. I offer a free consultation. I would look for witnesses surveillance video, and look at the criminal history of the witnesses.
    John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363