What dose it take to get jurisdiction isssues taken care of so i can go thru legal aid society in utah?

Salt Lake City, UT |
Filed under: Divorce

ive been married for 28 yrs the past 4 have bee in gillette wyoming where we bought a house, when i was booted from my home this yr, i had no where to go except my mother-inlaws.... in tooele utah.... ive lived here since april of 2010....i played the 9 wk twaiting game with legal aid in salt lake city just to find out im denied due to jurisdiction issues?? and to locate a lawyer to find out what can be done to fix them... i do not have the means to pay a lawyer... my husband is slow playing the divorce , even tho there is another woman with 3 boys living in my home... and they plan to get married.

i put all i had in this life time goal of a marriage... 28 yrs ,,, life insurance, 6 grandkids... i want my medical insurance back, and i want financial hlep fnnancially.... this is ridiculous i cant even afford a lawyer, everything is in his name so he says in wyoming its all his and he owes me nothing....

Not sure why you were denied based on jurisdictional issues. Generally speaking, an individual must be a bona fide resident of the county in which they file for divorce (or the respondent) for 3 months prior to the time of filing. If you have children at issue in the divorce, there may be other jurisdictional issues to resolve. You should call and speak with a family law attorney who9 can get the necessary details of your particular set of circumstances.