What dose it mean when a Constable is looking for you

Mount Wolf, PA |
Filed under: Tax law

I owe income taxes to the IRS. I have arranged monthly payment plain with them for the past year. I found a business card from a Constable. I called him and he explained to me that the letter was from some town taxes. Is he here to arrest me or give me a letter of subpoena?

1. It is unlikely that he intends to arrest you. In Pennsylvania, Constables serve papers, in addition to their other duties. He will likely serve you with a notice, as he indicated. Or he may serve you with original process (a complaint) in a civil action.

The content of this answer does not constitute legal advice to the original poster or any other person who may read it. Further, this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship between the attorney posting this answer and the original poster, or any other person who may read the answer. If you are in need of legal advice, you should contact an attorney in your area or a legal referral service.