What does this Termination clause in an Independent Contractor Agreement mean?

Asked 6 months ago - Miami, FL

"This agreement can be terminated prior to the completion or achievement of the Scope of work by either party giving 10 days written notice. Such termination shall not prejudice any other remedy to which the terminating party may be entitled, either by law, in equity, or under this agreement."

Please advise of any recommended changes or if you would advise proceeding as is?

1. Arthur Thomas Schofield

Pro

1

Answered . Without placing this provision in context, your question cannot be answered. Before you sign the agreement, it would be advisable to seek out counsel to review the agreement so that you fully understand your rights and obligations.

2. Grant Reilly Gillenwater

1

Answered . Consult with a local contracts/consumer attorney. It will be well worth your time and whatever consultation fee is charged. www.naca.net is a good place to search for a qualified attorney in your area.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . Either party can walk away or stop working or giving permission for the job to go on, but the other party can sue for damages.