What does this mean for me now that I completed everything in my consent decree?

Asked 12 months ago - Columbiana, AL

I am a juvenile and I took candy from a concession stand and was charged with burglary-3. I received a consent decree and followed everything in it with perfection and six months later I received papers telling me that I have completed everything. I know that if I had not done everything in the decree that the "petition would be reinstated" and I would "proceed to adjudication." What I do not know is exactly what it means that I did abide by the terms and conditions set in the consent decree. I still have to file motions to seal and later to erase. So what is the benefit of getting the consent decree and being a juvenile? Will I be limited on what I can do as if I were a felon? This is all really confusing to me and any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

1. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

Answered . You need to speak with your attorney that helped you with this situation. It sounds like you've done everything you need to do.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten
    State Wide Representation

AVVO Attorney's take a lot of their time to answer questions to help individuals. If you find a question to be helpful please mark it as a helpful answer.