What does this mean for me now that I completed everything in my consent decree?

Asked 12 months ago - Columbiana, AL

I am a juvenile and I took candy from a concession stand and was charged with burglary-3. I received a consent decree and followed everything in it with perfection and six months later I received papers telling me that I have completed everything. I know that if I had not done everything in the decree that the "petition would be reinstated" and I would "proceed to adjudication." What I do not know is exactly what it means that I did abide by the terms and conditions set in the consent decree. I still have to file motions to seal and later to erase. So what is the benefit of getting the consent decree and being a juvenile? Will I be limited on what I can do as if I were a felon? This is all really confusing to me and any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Erick Masten Platten


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You need to speak with your attorney that helped you with this situation. It sounds like you've done everything you need to do.


    Erick Platten
    State Wide Representation

    AVVO Attorney's take a lot of their time to answer questions to help individuals. If you find a question to be helpful please mark it as a helpful answer.

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,347 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,347 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering