What does this mean: the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I-129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORK.

North Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi, we filed the L1 B individual case on 16th Jan 2013 under Premium Processing. On 29th Jan the status got updated to Initial Review and it was updated as: “On January 29, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I-129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.”

Please suggest.

1. When USCIS issues an RFE, the clock stops on Premium Processing.

2. When the government responds to a request for premium processing, the clock automatically stops.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. This is the way that USCIS gets around having to adjudicate your petition within 15 days of receipt so they don't have to refund your processing fee.