What does this mean? Contempt order final

Aspers, PA |

My ex doesn't pay his support and is always quitting his job, He is in contempt right now and has a contempt hearing on the 18th of this month but just recently it was added in the activity Contempt order final and i just was wondering what that meant.

1. It means father is in contempt of an order of the court related to child support. This could involve several different sanctions including incarceration. I suggest you consult with a local family law attorney to explain additional options.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child support topics