What does this mean - "Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION"

San Francisco, CA |

i submitted my I-765 application and got a receipt on the 5th of September. Until recently the status was "Pending" but now its "Initial Review" with the above message underneath it. Can someone explain why my alien registration number has been changed?

1. Don't worry about it.. It is an internal thing which they do regularly. They really should send out these notices ... it does nothing more than confuse people.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. There could be many reasons. It is just an administration number until you get a gc. I would not worry about it

3. Who knows, but it should not affect you. Application appears to be moving along.

I am a lawyer but I am not your lawyer unless we have spoken and we have entered into an attorney-client relationship. Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.