What does theft 2 mean in washington,dc

Washington, DC |

I just want to know is this serious

1. "Theft 2″ is second degree misdemeanor theft, punishable by a maximum fine of $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 180 days. All criminal cases are serious. Make sure you have a lawyer.

2. I will simply add that a defendant charged with Theft II in not entitled to a jury trial. As such, it is critical to have an experienced lawyer by your side who can defend the case by preparing a defense that would appeal to the particular Judge assigned to the case.

Legal disclaimer: The response to this inquiry is for informational purposes only, and is expressly not legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute under any interpretation, an Attorney-Client relationship. Readers should not act upon this advice without seeking advice from competent professional legal advisers.

3. If you have 2 or more priors, this could be very serious....

4. TI and T2 are designations with different penalties based on the value of the item allegedly stolen. If the value of the property is more than $1000 you are facing TI, and less -- you are facing a T2 charge. In short, T2 is a misdemeanor and T1 a felony -- jury demandable.

You can refer to our website for more detailed information on this charge and other theft related crimes in the District.

Please also be advised that you should consult a child support lawyer in your jurisdiction and nothing provided in our response constitutes or creates attorney-client relationship. Our response is informational only and does not constitute legal advise.