What does theft 2 mean in washington,dc

Asked over 2 years ago - Washington, DC

I just want to know is this serious

1. Mark William Oakley

2

1

Answered . "Theft 2″ is second degree misdemeanor theft, punishable by a maximum fine of $1,000 and imprisonment for up to 180 days. All criminal cases are serious. Make sure you have a lawyer.

2. Atiq R Ahmed

1

Answered . I will simply add that a defendant charged with Theft II in not entitled to a jury trial. As such, it is critical to have an experienced lawyer by your side who can defend the case by preparing a defense that would appeal to the particular Judge assigned to the case.

3. Kent Rackett

Pro

Answered . If you have 2 or more priors, this could be very serious....

4. David S. Stein

Answered . TI and T2 are designations with different penalties based on the value of the item allegedly stolen. If the value of the property is more than $1000 you are facing TI, and less -- you are facing a T2 charge. In short, T2 is a misdemeanor and T1 a felony -- jury demandable.

You can refer to our website for more detailed information on this charge and other theft related crimes in the District.