What does the word disposed mean when bond is set and paid and a person is released on a felony? Does this mean charges dropped

Rochester, NY |

some is bonded and after they are released their records says disposed next to the charge with a dollar amount next to it. What exactly does disposed mean in this case?

1. I don't know for sure and am very hesitant to speculate. You don't say what records, which adds to the confusion. To get the best answer, contact the court. You will be able to find out if the case is over, or when the next court date is if the case remains pending.

Typically, when a person is in jail and has been bonded out, he would appear in court a number of times and know firsthand the outcome of the case. It seldom happens that a case is disposed of without the defendant being involved. I could count on one hand the times I have seen a felony dismissed quickly without a court appearance by the defendant -- and two of those were dismissed because the defendant had died.

Assume nothing. Contact the court, especially if you were the defendant, and find out the status. If the case was dismissed, you might want a certificate of that disposition.

DISCLAIMER: This answer to a short question is provided solely for general informational purposes and based on general legal principles and court practice. This answer does NOT constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.