What does the USCIS mean by 'additional research'?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nashville, TN

The i140 was already approved 3 years ago and I'm waiting in my country for consular processing. This is what the NVC sent me;

'USCIS has informed the NVC that additional research is being performed on this case, and it will likely experience additional delays before being sent to NVC for processing. Unfortunately, no timeframe is available as to when this case will be sent to the NVC. As soon as this case is received at the NVC, notification and further instructions will be sent.'

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Best Answer

Answered . It could be a background check, or the government may be investigating some aspect of your case.

2. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . Did it say "additional research" or additional processing. The latter means that you are still being reviewed for security. This can sometimes take several years, and it is most common when someone's name is the same as a person on a terrorist watch list.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . government may be investigating some aspect