What does the three strikes law exactly mean?

Asked 10 months ago - Tupelo, MS

does it mean if you go to jail three times that you will be in prison for life or prison 3 times for the same thing that you will go to prison for life, what if I got to jail for the same things three times will I be put in prison for life then, or is it prison clarify thanks

1. Anders Ferrington

2

Answered . In Mississippi on your third felony the prosecution can ask for habitual sentencing. That means if one of your two prior felonies was deemed violent (by statutory definition) the sentence can be life without chance of parole. If neither of the two prior was violent, they can ask for the entire sentence of your third felony without chance of parole. It is an enhancement penalty

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . I don't practice in MS, but 3 strikes laws are similar in at least this respect: when you commit your third, usually violent criminal offense, you get put away for as much as 25 years to life in prison. That is, strike three and you're out.

3. Jorge Luis Rodriguez

1

Answered . Three-strikes laws require courts to impose harsher sentences on repeat, habitual offenders who get convicted of three or more serious criminal offenses.