What does the recent announce re immigration reform means for my friend

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

What does the recently proposed bill do for my friend. She overstay visa was married to a green card holder has 2 us kids. Now divorced still living with her ex because she cannot support herself. she has never worked in the us and been there for 6 yrs.
I know its not a bill yet but if it does pass.. what would be proposed and can she benefit from it.

1. Jimmy Allen Davis

2

Answered . Nothing. Basically politicians are promising reform. They must now propose bills, which must survive the legislative process. For the time being, the law remains unchanged.

What could be proposed is anybody's guess. Whether she benefits from it or not will depend on the proposals themselves.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Answered . The recent announcement boils down to the government recognizing the need for reform and promising to see what they can do about it. That's about it.

3. Dean P Murray

Answered . It is too early to tell. We have to wait and see.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

One or more answers have been taken down.