What does the recent announce re immigration reform means for my friend

Tampa, FL |

What does the recently proposed bill do for my friend. She overstay visa was married to a green card holder has 2 us kids. Now divorced still living with her ex because she cannot support herself. she has never worked in the us and been there for 6 yrs.
I know its not a bill yet but if it does pass.. what would be proposed and can she benefit from it.

1. It is too early to tell. We have to wait and see.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

2. The recent announcement boils down to the government recognizing the need for reform and promising to see what they can do about it. That's about it.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

3. Nothing. Basically politicians are promising reform. They must now propose bills, which must survive the legislative process. For the time being, the law remains unchanged.

What could be proposed is anybody's guess. Whether she benefits from it or not will depend on the proposals themselves.

DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Jimmy Allen Davis, P.L.. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at www.lawofficesofjimmyallendavis.com or email me at jimmy.davis.esq@gmail.com.