What does the outlook on my case look like? Also, I have a court appointed lawyer

New York, NY |

I have 3 cases and 3 charges and I plead guilty to all 3

130.52
140.15
PR 1-03 A3

This was my first time getting into trouble. The above cases happened over a period of a year. Can you please help?

1. Avvo is for those looking to hire a lawyer and you have one. You haven't provided many facts here, so it's not possible to say whether you have a claim or not You might want your specific situation reviewed offline by a local lawyer . You can find a lawyer to hire on Avvo using the Find a Lawyer tab.

2. The first two charges you pled guilty to are "A" misdemeanors carrying a possible one year jail term. Assunming you pled down from more serious charges, I would expect that jail is likely. If you simply pled to the charges brought against you, without even a sentence bargain, you are crazy.

3. Some jail time is very possible. Was there a sentencing recommendation?

The above answer is intended for informational purposes and is not legal advice. It does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship.

4. All three charges are misdemeanors and you will have a criminal record for life if you actually plead guilty to any of the charges. I hope you were getting good advice from your lawyer. Usually when you plead guilty the Judge makes a sentencing promise so you should have been told what you face. The maximum sentence is 1 year in jail, 3 years probation and/or a $1,000 fine. Perhaps you need to consult with a private criminal defense lawyer.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.