What does the Notice of Post-Petition Mortgage Fee, Expense, and Charges in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy mean for the debtor.?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Parlin, NJ

The form states that the mortgage company incurred county tax.

1. Gregory Howard Wiley

6

5

Answered . It is probably as a result that property taxes were not paid or there is a change in escrow. When I get these forms, it usually means there may be a change in the mortgage payment. Call your Chapter 13 attorney, he/she is the best equipped to tellyou what to do as they are familiar with the specifics of your specific case.

2. Stephen M Trezza

Pro

4

1

Answered . It is a claim by the bank that it is owed additional fees. Usually it can be paid outside the plan. You can object if the amount is exorbitant.

3. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

3

1

Answered . Several mortgage companies have agreed to file documents with the bankruptcy court when changes are made to the payment amount of the loan. The reason for the changes could be a change in the cost of homeowners insurance, real estate taxes, late fees, or even a change due to an adjustment in the interest rate.

If you read the document carefully, it should say exactly what the charges are & what they are for. I have seen documents were the change is for as little as $6 because of a increase in property taxes.

Hope this perspective helps!