What does the code stand for?

Round Lake Beach, IL |

A 720 5/16 - 1A1A - based on this code, is this a misdemeanor offense? What class is it?

If this is the only charge on my record, is this offense deportable? I was referred to the deffered inspection based on this charge.

1. Quoting Illinois Criminal Statutes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sec. 16‑1. Theft.

(a) A person commits theft when he knowingly:

(1) Obtains or exerts unauthorized control over property of the owner; or

(2) Obtains by deception control over property of the owner; or

(3) Obtains by threat control over property of the owner; or

(4) Obtains control over stolen property knowing the property to have been stolen or under such circumstances as would reasonably induce him to believe that the property was stolen; or

(5) Obtains or exerts control over property in the custody of any law enforcement agency which is explicitly represented to him by any law enforcement officer or any individual acting in behalf of a law enforcement agency as being stolen, and

(A) Intends to deprive the owner permanently of the use or benefit of the property; or

(B) Knowingly uses, conceals or abandons the property in such manner as to deprive the owner permanently of such use or benefit; or

(C) Uses, conceals, or abandons the property

knowing such use, concealment or abandonment probably will deprive the owner permanently of such use or benefit.

* * *

In re TYRONE W., a Minor No. 2--01--0304, January 14, 2001 says this is misdeamenor theft.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=il&vol=app/2002/2010304&invol=3