What does the CLETS mean? TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER (CLETS)

Riverside, CA |

My ex was denied his TRO initially then at the hearing it was granted when I asked for a continuence to find an attorney. What does the CLETS stand for. My ex is trying to get a criminal charge on me too and that was another reason we couldn't hold the hearing because the judge said I cant speak on the matter just in case the DA picks up the case. Not that it may matter here but I didn't do anything that deserved a TRO I just cant defend myself right now I didn't even file a response I cant. My ex tried a TRO a few years ago and lost but what is CLETS and is this anything that make a TRO worse? My ex has been trying for years to get me out of the way so he doesn't need to co parent by trying to go as far as getting me in jail so please give me more advice here than "You need an attorney"

1. CLETS stands for Califronia Law Enforcement Telecommunications System.

2. Dan is correct it is a part of law enforcements telecommunications system. Lawyer up and good luck.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

3. Mr. Chambers is correct. You really do need an attorney. Good luck.

4. CLETS means if the restraining order is granted, it is reported to the police and is part of their criminal communication system. If they run your driver's license, license plates, name, address etc., they will know about the restraining order. If by chance the protected person calls the police to report a violation, they can look it up in the system and ascertain where you live and work.

The answer to this question is for general informational purposes only and are not intended to be legal advice. It is the goal to provide accurate information, but since laws change frequently and may become out of date, we cannot guarantee that the information provided herein is accurate or appropriate for an individual’s specific situation. Users should, therefore, obtain professional advice from licensed legal counsel in his/her state before acting on any of the information contained in the answer. Further, the answer does not create an attorney client relationship.