What does Status: Default Judgment per Declaration 11/19/2012 mean? Am I divorced? I filed default on 11.19.12.

I haven't received a letter nor anything. What is that future hearing for? Or will I be divorce til 2017?!!

Filing Date: 06/22/2012
Case Type: Dissolution of Marriage (General Jurisdiction)
Status: Default Judgment per Declaration 11/19/2012
Future Hearings

08/22/2017 at 08:30 AM in department EACLK at xxxx COURT.
Non-Appearance (Case Review)

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information
Parties

HIM - Respondent

ME - Petitioner

Case Information | Party Information | Proceeding Information
Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)
11/19/2012 Notice-Entry-Judgment
Filed by Petitioner

11/19/2012 Judgment
Filed by Petitioner

11/19/2012 Declaration-Default
Filed by Petitioner

11/02/2012 Judgment-Package Received-2336
Filed by Petitioner

08/16/2012 Request-Enter Defau

1. Based upon information provided, it appears your default Judgment/package has been recieved, and pending review of the package, may be entered upon approval. You can call the court and inquire as to the status.
    The review date is set in 2017 to determine if the case is resolved. If no action taken by 2017 (i.e. no final judgment) the Court would set the matter for a hearing to dismiss it.
    However, it appears that everything is on track at this time. If the Judgment is rejected, it will be returned to you with some instructions.
    If the Judgment is accepted, it will be entered, and mailed bakc to yoyu, and you will be divorced.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. **************CAUTION*************** CAUTION*************** CAUTION ****************** CAUTION************ Readers should be cautioned that AVVO cannot be relied on as they have a corrupt and dishonest rating system. AVVO routinely allows "client reviews" to be posted by individuals that are not "real" clients. AVVO does not ensure that the public receives truthful accurate information.

2. Accord with Ms. Jett's response. Too bad that the Court's website case summary notes are so cryptic - hard for anybody to interpret them. I think that they mean only that the documents were received on November 19, 2012. It takes the Court 2-3 months to process Judgment packages, so I would expect that you should be receiving Notice of Entry of Judgment (if your documents were properly prepared) within the next month or so, assuming that you provided the requisite self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Clerk in your Judgment package. You could go to the Clerk's office to ask to inspect the Court file, but your file may be in a stack in the Default Judgment Clerk's office, and it may not be a good idea to have your file removed from that stack - it could set back the completion date.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I think that " 11/19/2012 Notice-Entry-Judgment Filed by Petitioner 11/19/2012 Judgment
    Filed by Petitioner" means a judgment was entered. The court mailed a notice of entry of judgment to the address that you put for you on the notice of entry of judgment. See if it showed up at this address. This will tell you the date that you are likely divorced.