What does SHOW CAUSE DEFERRED/INSTALLMENT PAYMENT mean in a DUI case? This person has already spent a few days in jail for

Florence, KY |

the charges, lost there license and has to attend classes. Does this mean they still owe fines? If they still owe at this time what happens? Will they go back to jail?

1. Use the AVVO lawyer search bar to get an attorney in your area to assist.

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.

2. That expression is used by the judge/criminal court deputy clerk to mean that the defendant owes a fine and court costs and a "show cause" date is set in the future as a deadline to comply with the agreement reached at sentencing. The fines, fees and costs to be paid; to surrender the auto plates, show proof of volunteer hours, etc. The defendant needs to honor whatever obligations were committed to with the court.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..