What does shoplifter database tells subscriber?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Civil rights

I got caught for shoplifting at the store. no cop was involved, I just signed paper, they took my ID info and let me go saying I am not allow to come to store. and they also said I am getting letter in mail.

I did some research and I found out that it will not show on my record since no cop was involved unless I do not pay fine.
but I also find that my info will input in national shoplifter database if the store subscribes it.

my question is what kind of info appear on that?

I am assuming my name, address, DOB, my ID #. I think thats all they have as my info. but do any other subscriber know what store I did?

It is my understanding that this is a national data base that keeps records on persons who have been caught allegedly shoplifting by stores. The retailers have the accused sign a document in which you agree to stay away from their store. These data bases often have the accused picture, physical description, date of birth and last known address.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights