WHAT DOES REQUIRED REVIEW MEANS AFTER AOS INTERVIEW

Asked over 2 years ago - Frankfort, KY

Dear Lawyer

i want for my AOS interview on the 03/20/12 in Louisville Ky. every thing want fine except that i came to the US with my ex wife and she diceded not to go back to Africa, i tried to force her and she called a Corp who told me i have no right to force her to depart the US but only ICE who can do that and if i try again he will charge me for domestic voil. So i left and to my suprise when i got home,( Africa) my divorce was waiting for me. At the end of the interview the IO ask me, are u sure if i grant u the GC u will not go and marry for ex wife, and he asked me again i am sure if i get the GC i will not say bye bye to Ameica.

i am worried as i have not heard anything from them since my my status shows initial review, ur case is undergoing a required review.

please help

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . What is the adjustment based on? If this is a marriage based adjustment and any kind of fraud is found, it could mean trouble. For example, say you are granted the adjustment and then you do get married to your ex-wife. Well, that might result in another investigation at that time and your current case might get reopened.

if your current marriage is genuine, a lawyer can help you give the necessary proofs, represent you at the interview and get your adjustment approved.

Dhenu Savla
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com
    Free Phone Consultations Available

2. Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Answered . Your question is not clear.
    You came to the U.S. with your ex-wife.
    You forced her to leave back to Africa.
    You went to Africa divorce is waiting for you!
    You attend adjustment interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! based on what?

It seems that the officer has doubts about I suppose your present marriage and your divorce in Africa!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Hassan Elkhalil
    www.greencardusa.com
    (770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not creat attroney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

3. Elizabeth Clare Surin

Pro

Answered . At this point you can only wait for a response. If unfavorable response received, hire a lawyer to assist you.