What does request for evidence mean in a criminal case?

Cleveland, OH |

what does a request for evidence mean in a criminal case,when i research it keeps saying the uscis agency.

the case is not me it is against my ex but the state picked it up.he was charged with domestic violence,and felonious assault 2903.11a1 and 2919.25.he has a prior domestic violence from a seperate case. also i cannot afford a lawyer

1. I am guessing you are referring to a request for discovery. This is a request an attorney will make to get police reports video and other evidence from the opposing party. It can also include many other types of evidence such as prior criminal records. I would highly suggest applying for a public defender or appointed counsel when facing these types of charges. These are considered offenses of violence and can elevate future charges. An attorney is especially important in this case when facing a charge of felonious assault which can carry heavy prison time.

2. Serious charges - strongly suggest immediately retaining a local criminal attorney or qualifying for the services of the public defender.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. You may be thinking of a Request for Notice of Intent to Use Evidence under Criminal Rule 12(E)(2). It is a formal request for basically what you would think the name implies. Otherwise, it may be a discovery request like Mr. Hada was discussing.

You mention immigration though I'm not sure what your question is. Only the State of Ohio would be the government entity most involved with a criminal case at this stage. Immigration would be relevant should a criminal conviction occur, as someone who is not a permanent resident could be removed from the country.

Based on your information, I'm not sure why you would need an attorney at this point.