What does RADAR CL: mean on a speeding ticket from a Texas DPS?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

Received a speeding ticket from DPS. Time on the ticket was 14:59 pm. The RADAR CL: had RADAR CL:17:02. Officer never showed me radar and I don't think I was speeding. When I question him on my speed he replied "yes you where, it took me a while to catch up to you". If 17:02 is the time the radar was calibrated he did it after he stopped me, can I get the ticket dismissed? How do I know the speed was actually mine if it #1 "took time to catch me" and #2 the violantion would have been before 4:59pm when the ticket was written of printed?

1. Monetta Elaine Burgess

1

Answered . Its impossible for an officer to give you a ticket showing he calibrated the radar after he pulled you over. This would mean the radar gun could read the future and know the radar was to be calibrated at 17:02.

You can set the case for trial and question the officer on the calibration in hopes of getting a dismissal, but outright a prosecutor will not dismiss a ticket because of your questioning of the calibration. You will need to prove at trial that the calibration was incorrect with hard evidence in order to dismiss your ticket.

Good Luck!