What does probation modified and continued mean?

Jacksonville, FL |

My husband was released this morning from violation of probation due to a technical error. He was currently on house arrest and the warrant was issued on the eve of his opportunity to petition to convert to regular probation. This was brought forward to the judge and he was given 20 day with credit for 14 days. When he was released they did not make him put on a GPS device as previously done. On his records it now states "probation modified and continued." I spoke with an officer at the jail and he said it appears he is just on probation now. When I questioned our attorney, he said he should be on house arrest still but I do not feel he really looked into the matter. How should we handle this?

1. Report to the probation officer first thing Monday morning. In the mean time treat his supervision as house arrest until you get an answer from the PO.

2. You need to check with his Probation Officer ASAP! Call their office now to check in and receive instructions so he doesn't run afoul of the terms of his probation.

In addition I would go to the clerk's office and get a copy of the judge's order, read it, and make sure you comply with it.

Lastly, check with the lawyer that handled the revocation matter for advice and direction.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..