What does POSS CS PG 1>=400g mean?

Austin, TX |

I'm looking into my ex-husbands criminal record and this is the most recent charge. He was raided when he had our children for summer visitation and he claims the police set him up.

Possession of a controlled substance, penalty group 1, greater than 1gram, but (appears to be a typo here) less than 4 grams.

Wayne Allen Fowler

Wayne Allen Fowler

The typo is mine and I'm not sure how to edit these questions. greater than or equal to 400 grams.

Possession of a controlled substance, penalty group 1, more than 1 gram but equal to or less than 4 grams. Penalty Group One is among several Penalty Groups listed in the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 481.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

Possession of a Controlled Substance, with the amount of the substance ranging between 1 and 400 grams. PG means Penalty Group, and determines the potential punishment range for the offense.