Skip to main content

What does POSS CS PG 2 < 1G mean?

Houston, TX |

One of our friend used to suck up cocaine, but never been arrested for that. We thought She uses again. We didn't hear from Her for a several days, so I looked up on the net and I "found" Her in Brazoria County Jail and they charged Her with POSS CS PG 2 < 1G. What kind of sentence can She get? (She was arrested in Houston, but She lives in Alvin so the took her Brazoria Co Jail)

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It means possession of a controlled substance penalty group 2 that is less than one gram. This offense is classified as a state jail felony which can carry punishment in the amount of 180 days to 2 years in a state jail and/or a fine not to exceed 10,000. Furthermore, you are not really entitled to parole with state jail sentences. In addition, any jail sentence can be suspended while the defendant is placed on probation for up to ten years. Depending on the history, I believe that a first offender may also be automatically entitled to probation. I would suggest contacting a local criminal defense attorney to assist you all in your defense and/or plea negotiations.

  2. She can get up to two years in the state jail or ten years probation. The judge may order her to in-patient treatment as part of her probation. These cases can take a few months to get indicted before a defense attorney can even start working on them. So unless someone posts her bond,she will probably be in custody for awhile.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

  3. Possession of a controlled substance Second, less than 1 gram. It is a serious drug offense. You need to hire her a criminal defense attorney in the area where the charge is pending to represent her, review the case, make a motion for bond relief, etc.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics