What does POSS CS PG 2 < 1G mean?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

One of our friend used to suck up cocaine, but never been arrested for that. We thought She uses again. We didn't hear from Her for a several days, so I looked up on the net and I "found" Her in Brazoria County Jail and they charged Her with POSS CS PG 2 < 1G. What kind of sentence can She get? (She was arrested in Houston, but She lives in Alvin so the took her Brazoria Co Jail)

1. Roberto Lopez Jr.

4

1

Answered . It means possession of a controlled substance penalty group 2 that is less than one gram. This offense is classified as a state jail felony which can carry punishment in the amount of 180 days to 2 years in a state jail and/or a fine not to exceed 10,000. Furthermore, you are not really entitled to parole with state jail sentences. In addition, any jail sentence can be suspended while the defendant is placed on probation for up to ten years. Depending on the history, I believe that a first offender may also be automatically entitled to probation. I would suggest contacting a local criminal defense attorney to assist you all in your defense and/or plea negotiations.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

3

1

Answered . She can get up to two years in the state jail or ten years probation. The judge may order her to in-patient treatment as part of her probation. These cases can take a few months to get indicted before a defense attorney can even start working on them. So unless someone posts her bond,she will probably be in custody for awhile.

3. Frank Mascagni III

3

1

Answered . Possession of a controlled substance Second, less than 1 gram. It is a serious drug offense. You need to hire her a criminal defense attorney in the area where the charge is pending to represent her, review the case, make a motion for bond relief, etc.