What does order striking request for submission mean?

Asked over 3 years ago - Reno, NV

I have sole custody of my children. The other parent is trying to get them back. I was served with papers, however when I checked online it had said order striking request for submission. What does this mean?

1. Marshal Shawn Willick

Answered . Reno and Las Vegas practice differ. In Reno, most motions are handled "on the papers," and are looked at only after one side or the other files a "Request for Submission," usually after there has a been a motion, opposition, and reply. Without knowing the details of who, exactly, did what, over what time, it is not possible to answer your question, although the short version is that the judge probably will not look at or decide the motion -- at least right now. You should probably seek consultation with an appropriate family law specialist. I would suggest starting your search with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the Nevada chapter of which can be viewed at http://www.aaml.org/go/fellows/fellows-by-state....