What does motion withdrawn d/mtn for mandatory release mean

Asked over 2 years ago - Clearwater, FL

looked in public records at my friends case and it said motion withdrawn d/mtn for mandatory release then above it said no information filed by state attorney (orally) is this a good thing

1. Lori Doganiero Palmieri

7

1

Answered . Yes, it means that the state declined to file criminal charges and your friend should be released. The Mtn for mandatory relief was filed when the state took took too long to file an information or no-file it. Once it no-filed the case, the motion was moot and withdrawn. Your friend is coming home.

2. Amanda Powers Sellers

7

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. The only reason your friend would not be released at this point is if he was being held on another charge or a violation of probation.

3. John Skyler Riordan

5

1

Answered . Have your friend or his family call the clerk's office to be sure, but it sounds like the State did not file charges based upon the info you provided. So, yes, that would be a good thing if it is what occurred.

4. David Richard Damore

Pro

2

Answered . It would seem the chare was not filed on