What does motion to dismiss mean?

Sulligent, AL |

Certificate of service
I here by certify that I have on 03/24/2009 served a copy of the above and foregoing Motion to Dismiss on the Defendant(s), pro se, LANA D PATE at 251 CANE RD SULLIGENT AL 35586-5107 by email transmission via Alafile or by placing a copy of the same in the United States mail, postage prepaid and properly addressed to him/her.

A motion to dismiss is a procedural filing with the court in a lawsuit that asks the judge to decide to make a ruling to end a matter or part of a matter in the lawsuit.

Motion - that is the paperwork or request to the judge.
Dismiss - that request is to end the matter in whole or in part.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.