What does libel/slander means? As for in a child support case and What does resistance means too

Asked over 1 year ago - Radcliff, KY

A Friend of mine is being charged that and also contempt of court as well, I don"t understand the terms as well how long will that consist of him staying in jail for the said charges.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christopher S. Compton

    Contributor Level 10


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Based on what you've typed here, it sounds like your friend has been accused of "contempt of court" and maybe a warrant for contempt of court as well. I would very, very strongly encourage your friend to hire a lawyer immediately.

    I am not your attorney, nor are you my client. This answer to your question is not to be considered legal advice.... more
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . More information is needed. Your friend needs a "criminal lawyer". You can find one for your friend by searching Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,223 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,223 answers this week

3,322 attorneys answering