What does it take to start a class action lawsuit.

Asked over 4 years ago - Lagrange, GA

Iwould like to contact anyone that is interested in a class action lawsuit against the makers of Trazodone. I took that "medication" one time and it changed my life forever, If you can tell me how start a class action suit against the makers of this product, or if you have been harmed by this product contact me at, s.miller.64@hotmail.com.

1. James Albert Streett

1

1

Answered . To initiate a class action case in virtually any jurisdication, there are a number of pre-requisites you will have to satisfy the court are met. These include demonstrating that there are enough "class members" (i.e. individuals or entities who have faced the same or virtually identical conduct of which you are complaining) to warrant treating the case as a class action. The other factors include the adequacy of you and your attornies to represent all of the class members, the "commonality" and "predominance" of the issues that you claim are typical of all the class members, and the "superiority" of proceeding as a class action as opposed to allowing individual class members to pursue their own claims. Every jurisdiction is different in how it analyzes these factors, so you will need to consult with an attorney experienced in class action and/or "mass tort" litigation.