What does it take to get LEGAL HELP:::::::::

Asked about 1 year ago - New Albany, IN

How come I cannot find a lawyer(medical malpractice?
(Oh you're not missing any body parts and it seem you're still alive, so we cannot assist you.
I was told on my last post not to divulge too much. So I am following your advice..8125571319
gdub1@twc.com
I need legal intervention about this so called falsifying papers,slander defamation an torture, and I mean torture.
Thank You
G.Horn

1. Lee Alan Thompson

6

Answered . I don't believe anyone here meant not to divulge information to an attorney you speak with, they meant on this site.

2. David Herman Hirsch

6

Answered . I agree with Mr. Thompson. Its simply not a good idea to post personal information on an internet website. As far as information about your possible case, a forum such as this is really very limited when it comes to any attorney being able to give you a substantive response even if you post a lot of information about what happened. Medical malpractice cases are difficult to prove and highly technical in nature, since you need experts to establish what the standard of care is and that it was breached in some fashion. You should use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find a medical malpractice attorney to consult with. They can get the files and have them reviewed by a physician to determine if professional negligence occurred and if you have any recourse. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

3. Samuel Cohen

6

Answered . Lawyers are not turning away your case because they think it is a good one. If you have spoken with many lawyers, the problem is likely to be with your case.

Pro

6

Answered . You are in luck. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool

5. Philip Anthony Fabiano

5

Answered . Your task if you feel strongly about your claim is to continue to discuss the details of your case with lawyers until you find one willing to handle your claim.
    If you have seen a lot of lawyers already, it may simply mean that there is no viable claim. I do not make any money by turning down good cases. There may be a problem with either liability or damages or both. You don't need to be dead or missing a body part to have a good claim but the nature and extent of your damages is important. These cases are very expensive and risky to pursue. If the damages are not substantial, it may not be worth pursuing. YOu also live in a very conservative --read Republican, T People state--and this does not help. In my county for instance more than 90 percent of the medical negligence cases that go to trial are lost. Why is that? Could they all possibly be frivolous? Just not possible! Juries have a hard time ruling for a patient even when the doctor is negligence. Medical negligence remains a significant part of my practice, but I must chose cases carefully.