WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO FILE A MOTION 388?

Asked over 2 years ago - Newport Beach, CA

MY REUNIFICATION SERVICES HAVE BEEN TERMINATED BUT NOT MY PARENTAL RIGHTS. MY SON HAS BEEN PLACED WITH HIS FATHER WHICH I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BUT MY DAUGHTER IS 9 YRS OLD AND I AM WORRIED ABOUT HER BEING ADOPTED OUT. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO WIN THE MOTION 388

how likely is it that the judge would deny the motion if i do file it?

1. Evelyn Ann Cox

1

1

Answered . You will need to talk to the attorney on your Dependency case. An attorney on this site cannot give you an answer to a question like this. An attorney would have to read all the reports from your CPS - Dependency case and then ask you a bunch of questions to help you draft a 388 motion to modify a court order.

You need a change of circumstance and to show it is in the best interest of the child to change a court order.

Your services have been terminated and the child is with her father - unless he gives up his paretnal rights - why are you even thinking about adoption? That doesn;t happen unless there is no parent to reunify. In your case, the father has reunified.

Talk to your attorney or hire a new one who handles Dependency cases.